Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Georgia O'Keeffe Inspired Cow Skull

The cow skull is finished.  The colors in the flowers and the background just don't work for me.  I was painting this to hang in my living room, but I don't think it will end up there.  I'm already working on cow skull #2.  This one will be a little different perspective.  I started working on it this morning, but I only had an hour to paint.  I didn't get very far.  The back ground is done and the skull is blocked in.  Hopefully tonight I will be able to get upstairs alone. 

School starts next week.  I'll be home alone during the day.  This should be prime painting time.  But if this year goes anything like last year it won't work out.  I'll feel uninspired.  Creative energy seems to flow best when there's no feasible way to paint- a six year old needs to be entertained, home improvement projects are going on, meals need to be cooked and the house is a disaster.  My creativity thrives in chaos. 

The plan is to be prepared for the dry up and plan ahead.  After finishing #2 cow skull, I'll be painting my own Warhol inspired Christmas Tree, several nutcrackers, and some close up flowers on large canvases.  Maybe having a plan will encourage me?

No comments:

Post a Comment