Saturday, August 6, 2011

New Paintings

I paint upstairs.  My stairs are in the process of being redone.  I haven't been able to use the stairs for a week.  Today I'm back upstairs with a blank canvas on the easel.  I'm ready to paint.  Since the stairs have been non-functioning, I've been adding inspiring art to the art favorites folder on my lap top.  Today I plan to try my own version of one of Georgia O'Keeffe's cow skulls.  I live in Texas and have no cow skull art.  It's shameful. 

Here's what I painted before the stair demolition.




  

The cupcake is  my Wayne Thibaud ode. 

The girl was the subject of a class I was supposed to attend, but didn't go to because of a sick child.  Mine is totally different than the class subject.  I used different metallic paints for her skin.  Very spooky in person.

Landscape is my imaginary Italian villa.

And I don't know what to say about Edna's Summer Shack.  The Pottery Barn Kids catalogue came and I guess I looked at the little girl stuff too long?

I'm off to paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment